Join the LIV_IN Virtual Summit & help us co-create the way we will live in 2030
Posted by LIV_IN Project on 29 May 2019
Digitalization, Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence hold the potential to improve citizens' daily lives and to create new business opportunities, while helping to address some of the the grand challenges the world is facing today. The Virtual Summit on Responsible Innovation for Smart Homes and Smart Health (June 11-12, 2019) will explore how this immense potential can be navigated in a responsible, inclusive and sustainable manner.
Through this post we want to provide you with some more info about some of the speakers and topics that will be discussed at the Virtual Summit
Can European values shape the global race for innovation?
The European Union's fundamental values include human dignity & rights, freedom, democracy, equality & the rule of law. Can these European values shape the global race for innovation? And how can Europe provide the conditions for world-class innovations that are successful in the market & contribute to solving societal challenges at the same time?
- Compare policy & industry perspectives on technology leadership, European values & responsible innovation.
- Explore citizen expectations toward policy makers & innovative companies.
- Share your views on the role of European values for building our digital future.
Will Artificial Intelligence be your friend, your tool or your boss?
Leadership in AI is key to competitiveness. At the same time societal trust is at risk. Therefore companies feel the
need to prevent unintentional damage and misuse. Ethical AI ensures that the technology considers values, human
rights and transparency.
- Learn where AI is already implemented and how it will affect your daily life.
- Gain insights the risks and opportunities of AI in smart health and smart homes
- Explore and discuss ethical guidelines and principles for responsible AI.
How much health data are you willing to share?
Health data is sensitive data. While health data exchange between organizations is hotly debated, we privately collect
and share health data through wearable devices. Pooling and using such data might help to develop innovative
treatments and preventive care.
- Explore the potential of data driven preventive health care.
- Compare European and US perspectives on health data, privacy and responsibility.
- Discuss what needs to be done to mitigate risks and prevent misuse.
What will your home look like in 2030?
Our homes are becoming smarter and more connected. Individual technologies and integrated smart home solutions increasingly reshape the way we organize our daily life at home. When designed responsibly smart home solutions may enable greater convenience, accessibility and sustainability, while remaining affordable.
- Learn how smart home technologies fit within a circular economy.
- Gain insights into trends, applications and implications of smart home solutions.
- Explore how smart home innovations can enable autonomous living for people with disabilities.
Responsible start-ups: Value for money or money for values?
Startups are at the forefront of innovation in Europe. Venture capital and access to finance are critical in the initial phases of business development. But are responsible innovation and sustainable business models rewarded by investors? And how can innovation support organizations promote responsibility in startups?
- Learn how business angels and innovation support organizations foster responsible startups.
- Explore success factors and barriers to responsible innovation in startups & SMEs.
- Discuss the potential of startups and investors for driving responsible innovation.
What is the business case for responsible innovation?
Responsible innovation promises a lot. Better ideas, social acceptance, lower risks, solutions that matter for society,
and innovation that contributes to sustainable development. But is there a business case for responsible innovation in times of hyper competition and ever shorter time to market?
- Assess the added value of implementing responsible innovation in business.
- Compare open, responsible and sustainability innovation approaches.
- Explore how to benefit from linking CSR and innovation-management.
Towards a human-centered, collaborative & inclusive future?
Human-centered innovation approaches are increasingly popular among designers and innovators. Particularly in the context of Responsible Innovation a deep understanding of the needs and wishes of people is relevant in order to generate solutions that provide inclusive value. But what is needed to make innovation truly inclusive? How can meaningful participation be implemented in practice?
- Discover how Design Thinking can be leveraged for Responsible Innovation.
- Explore ways of including the needs of people such as impaired persons or deprived social groups into responsible ICT solutions.
- Discuss requirements and best practice for meaningful citizen engagement in innovation.
Experts from companies of all sizes, researchers and innovators, entrepreneurs and CSR managers, responsible innovation experts and RTD managers, citizens and anyone interested in these topics are invited to join the Virtual Summit. Register now here. You can download the complete programme from here