Discover Plug in labs Ouest: connecting research and business
Posted by RRI Tools on 06 Jul 2015
From 1st to 6th of June 2015, scientists, science communication specialists from all over the world and the general public gathered in Nancy (France) for the Science & You event which aimed at presenting and discussing science communication today.
RRI Tools held a stand there to explain the project and to meet the community. We gave the visitors the opportunity to present their RRI practices. In particular, their were asked to add on a billboard the practices and tools they were aware of across Europe. Among the varied inspiring contributions, we discovered the promising Plug in labs Ouest project. Samuel Belaud, the project manager, offered us to describe it in the article below.
The main objective of this tool is to help and accelerate the connections between socio-economic partners and scientific experts from Brittany (France). Plug in labs Ouest offers to search by key word(s) or domains of innovation: laboratories, research teams and technology platforms adapted to the needs of businesses.
The aim of this unique portal is to identify quickly and easily, the scientific and technological skills of the territory, in order to serve the company's innovative projects. This search engine/web service has many features:
- A "simple" research that can combine several keywords (displaying results by relevance).
- A presentation of laboratories sheets from two perspectives: "scientific expertises" (research areas, equipment ...); but also "research results" (technology offers, emblematic projects of the laboratory, structuring partnerships …).
- The creation of a user account: management of "favorites" labs, historical research.
- A user community (animations of the network of innovation stakeholders).
Plug in labs Ouest increases the chances of giving rise to cooperation between public laboratories and businesses, contributing to the vitality of the territory.
Plug in labs Ouest in figures:
- 123 laboratories
- 327 research teams and 155 technology platforms established in Brittany
- 7 strategic innovation domains
- 130 Technology offers
- 150 innovation advisors and more than 2,700 companies (Brittany Innovation Network)
- More than 3,500 researchers
For more information about the project, please visit their website.